Sat, 23 Sept|
Autumn Equinox Creative Well-being Retreat
Step into the embrace of the Autumn Equinox and embark on a journey of self-discovery and creative expression
Time & Location
23 Sept, 11:00 – 17:30
Amersham, Amersham, UK
About the Event
The Autumn Equinox marks a moment of stillness before the Earth shifts directions. It’s a sacred day of equal parts, light and dark, facing outward and turning inward and allowing our past and future to merge in the present.
This retreat offers you the opportunity to slow down, find inner stillness, and reflect on the beauty of transition. Whether you seek a moment of respite, a chance to clear your mind, or a platform to forge new connections, this retreat is designed with your wellbeing and creativity in mind.
No prior artistic experience is necessary; you will be gently guided towards self-expression, allowing your creativity to bloom in its own unique way. Together, we will celebrate the Autumn Equinox, a sacred occasion when light and darkness find harmony and the past and future converge in the present moment.
Throughout the day, we will embark on a series of activities, including:
- A soulful sharing circle where you can connect with like-minded individuals and create a sacred space for ritual.
- Immerse yourself in the art of ink and metallic powders, creating a unique and personal piece.
- You are invited to play a drum or rattle in our collective drumming circle. Releasing your inhibitions and engaging your playfulness to let the sound reverberate through your being.
- Be gently guided in the techniques of ink and bleach painting, where vibrant pigments intermingle on the paper, echoing the movement of an autumn hedgerow. Allow your creativity to flow freely, unrestricted by judgment or expectation, as you explore new artistic realms.
- We will end by embracing the soothing sounds of a deeply relaxing Sound Spa. The resonant vibrations of the gong will wash over you, melting away tension and nurturing a profound sense of tranquility.
- We will provide a range of delicious teas, coffee, and an array of fresh fruit and cakes. We invite you to bring your own lunch.
What to bring
- Yoga mat
- Blankets and things to keep you cosy in the sound spa
- Notepad and pen
- Your lunch and bottle of water
- A drum or rattle if you own one
- An apron or old shirt for painting in
Deborah from The Chiltern Sound Spa and Artist Jay Nolan- Latchford will be your hosts.
Deborah - The Chiltern Sound Spa
Inspired by her personal shamanic work, Deborah trained as a sound meditation practitioner and a sacred cacao ceremony facilitator. She launched The Chiltern Sound Spa at the start of 2018 (under a Blue Moon) to share a broad range of practices that support mindful living and help build a deeper connection with ourselves, each other and mother nature.
Deborah loves trees and has a diploma in Forest Bathing (Shinrin Yoku) from the International Society of Nature & Forest Medicine. She is currently studying sacred drumming with the College of Sound Healing.
Deborah's registered with the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
Jay - JNL Art Workshops
Jay is a professional artist and award winning tutor. She lives on a houseboat with her partner and 3 rescue dogs.
After leaving art college where she studied illustration, graphics and printmaking Jay went on to run her own design studio for several years. Her clients included Harrods, Fortnum and Mason, John Lewis, and several charities and voluntary organisations.
A chance meeting led to Jay being approached to teach and run workshops, since then sharing her skills has become a passion. She creates a fun, friendly atmosphere and an inclusive space where everyone learns.
What is a Sound Spa?
A Sound Spa (also known as a Sound Bath) is a powerful sonic meditation that enables deep relaxation to bring about peace and well-being for improved health. The vibrations from the gongs assist the release of emotional and energy blockages in the body and stimulate deep healing on a cellular level.
The gong slows the brainwaves, inducing a dreamlike state and opening us up to take an inner journey where our sense of time disappears, and we are left to simply 'be' and vibrate with the gong.
What happens during a Sound Spa?
During a Sound Spa, you are taken on a deep sonic meditative journey. While you lie down comfortably with your eyes closed. I will play various instruments around you that are known for their vibratory healing frequencies. You are free to relax and drift off where the sound takes you.
The Benefits of a Sound Spa
· Feeling relaxed and rejuvenated
· Increased focus and feeling present
· Reduced stress and a better ability to cope with stressful situations
· Improvement in quality of sleep
· Enhanced creativity and problem solving
· Breaking up of emotional blockages
• Pregnancy (not recommended under three months due to the unstable nature of any pregnancy during the first trimester.
• Tinnitus/ Menieres / Epilepsy or any condition that are sound sensitive or could be triggered by sound.
• Metal implants/pacemakers etc. (can resonate the metal and also change the rhythm of pacemakers)
• Anyone with a severe Mental Health Condition.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Apologies, we’re unable to offer refunds. However, if you can no longer make it, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend and just let us know in advance.